Health Evaluation Programs
As a courtesy, we´ve provided you with some excellent links to health evaluation programs. Please advise us if any of these links no longer work so that we may remove them.
Orthopedic Foundation for Animals: A non-profit organization that collates and disseminates information concerning orthopedic and genetic disease of animals. An invaluable resource for DDB health issues.
PennHIP: The University of Pennsylvania Hip Improvement Program, a multifaceted radiographic technology (x-ray) for hip evaluation.
"Comparing PennHIP and OFA" at the Working Dogs Cyberzine website.
- "Working Dogs Cyberzine" Health Articles: Valuable educational information about canine hip dysplasia and other common canine orthopedic diseases and conditions and their inheritance, diagnosis, and treatment.
- "Relationship of Nutrition to Developmental Skeletal Disease in Young Dogs" from Veterinary Clinical Nutrition, Volume 4, Number 1, 1997.
- "Canine Cardiomyopathy" report, presented at the 2001 World Small Animal Veterinary Association World Congress.
- "Dilated Cardiomyopathy in Dogs" at the Cornell College of Veterinary Medicine website.
- "Aortic Stenosis" at the Bregorrey Glens website.
- "Sub-Aortic Stenosis—A Heart-Breaking Problem" at the Best Beau´s Home Page website.
Elbow and Shoulder Dysplasia / OCD
- "Osteochondritis Dissecans (OCD): What Is It?" at ThePetCenter.com website.
- "OCD Definition" at the DogLogic Resource Center website.
- "Canine Enblow Dysplasia" at the Golden Retriever Weekly Magazine website.
- "crittersitextra.com/pettips/ NEW_Purdue_Bloat_Study.pdf".
- "Bloat" at the Dog Owner´s Guide website.
- "Canine Food Allergies" at the Basset Rescue of Old Dominion (BROOD) website.
- "Canine Allergies" at the About.com website.
- "rec.pets.dogs: Canine Allergies FAQ" at the Internet FAQ Archives website.
- "Dog Owner's Guide: Canine Allergies" at the Dog Owner´s Guide website.
- "Demodectic Mange" at the Mar Vista Animal Medical Center website.
- "Canine Demodicosis" at the Animal HealthCare Center website.